- Biodiesel is carbon neutral. According to the most recent decisions of the UAE Ministry of Energy, biodiesel made from waste vegetable oil is considered to have a carbon footprint in line with the % of biodiesel in the fuel blend used, such that Neutral Fuels B100 should be reported as generating 0 kg CO2e per litre.
- Diesel engines do not need to be adapted for biodiesel. The transition from one to another is painless.
- Biodiesel is non-toxic, fully biodegradable, and safer to store than fossil diesel.
- Biodiesel is better for running diesel engines than fossil diesel.
- Biodiesel is the most useful thing you can do with used cooking oil.
- Diesel engines burn less fuel than a petrol engine performing the same work. Petrol engines are typically 25% efficient, while diesel engines can convert over 30% of the fuel energy into mechanical energy.
- Most modern diesel cars and trucks are capable of running on 100% pure biodiesel (known as B100) in all but the coldest of European winter temperatures.
- Diesel motors run better, burn cleaner, emit less SOx and last longer on biodiesel fuel.
- Rudolph Diesel patented his engine in 1892 and his first working prototype ran on peanut oil in 1897.